Will the Rain ever Stop?😅
Good morning everyone!!
This was a really good week! It never stops raining here though. Someone should have told me that Im going to be wet all day everyday. But we ball. Thursday was district council and I gave an instruction on how to help others become curious about the gospel. It was a very good topic and I really liked focusing on it a lot when I talked to people on the street or was teaching a lesson! Then I had an Exchange with Sister Ricks!! I LOVE HER!!
This exchange was so fun because it was my first time leaving my area on my mission! It was nice to find at a different spot and stay at a new apartment. Anyways this day was so eventful, we first had a really good lesson with one of Sister Ricks friends. Hes so cool, he is catholic but he said he feels something different in our church that makes him feel more happy and more connected to God! So cool! Then we went to help an old lady in her ward move some stuff around in her house. This lady is like 90 years old and she's from Jamaica. We walk in her house and she says "I have a surprise for you", we go in and see that she made us food... on the stove were bananas, STRAIGHT BALLS OF DOUGH, and plain white yam all in boiling water. And this random oily mixture of Cod, tons of onions and tomatoes. Guys, this was the moment ive been waiting for, a disgusting meal i would get to tell my children about when I'm older 🥹. But it wasn't as terrible as it looked. It was soooooooooo bland and starchy but it was chill. I will say, a boiled banana is not as bad as it sounds, go try it.
Anyways yesterday we had Zone conference and it was the Mission Tour so a General Authority came and it was Elder Evanson!! He was Rileys mission president so I got a picture with him and his wife hehe. But they were so cool and literally changed my whole perspective on how to do missionary work. Its gonna take more effort but Im so excited to be more consecrated and spirit led in this work.
One thing that Elder Evanson taught us that I will never forget is that our faith really can change other people. In Ether 12, Moroni is teaching us about faith and the impact and miracles it can bring about, and he recounts a few miracles from the scriptures that were wrought about by faith! Verse 14 says:
14 Behold, it was the faith of Nephi and Lehi that wrought the change upon the Lamanites, that they were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost.
It was through the faith of Nephi and Lehi, that the Lamanites became converted to the Lord! Our faith can help our friends, families, those we love, those we talk with, become converted to the Lord. Our testimonies have light and power in them!! Everyone needs the Gospel and I wanted to invite all of you to share your testimonies as often as you can. Your faith in Jesus Christ can and will change those around you and help them experience the Joy this gospel brings.
I love you all, I know this church is true and Jesus lives!
Sister Dean❤️










Comments
Post a Comment