Service in the Rain!!
Hello everyone!!
A lot of fun things have been going on which is so great! Went to the temple, had some great lessons with Johan (guy from last email), got my Trainee, service, fun P-days!!
I'll start with my trainee Sister Da Silva! She came last Wednesday, she is from Brazil but has lived in Grand Prairie, AB, for the last 3 years so her english is pretty good. She is so funny and makes me laugh all the time! It has been so interesting trying to help someone else learn how to do missionary work while I feel like im still learning, but im growing so much as a person and as a servant of the lord.
Johan!! Last email I was able to meet with Johan and since then we have been able to have a few lessons with him and they were so good. He has such genuine questions, and understanding the Plan of Salvation has been so important for him! He is trying to keep our commitments and we are really going to try to help him be baptized this next month, please pray for him!!
On saturday we had a service project where we had to clean the Churchville Cemetery! What I didnt know is that the church actually has some cool history here in Toronto! Basically Canada is the first country outside of America to recieve the restored Gospel! If I remember the story that the old lady at the cemetery told us correctly, Joseph Smith visited the people in the Town of Churchville and HALF of the town was converted and left to travel to Utah to gather with the Saints! Most of the members who passed away were then buried at the Churchville Cemetery. It was pretty cool to learn that. But it was ABSOLUTELY FREEZING AND RAINING SO MUCH, but it was fun to be out serving with all the Missionaries. (Lots of pics and videos on my Google album😆)
I love you all so much! Jesus is the way and he really does live and love each one of us!
Sister Dean🫶























Comments
Post a Comment