Plot Twist🫠
My dearest friends and family!!
Its been two weeks since my last email so theres a lot that happened!!
General conference! It was seriously so wonderful and I think I loved it way more being on a mission. We watched it at the Weston Chapel which is not my chapel its our STLs, and it was so fun! There were so many missionaries and friends, it was great.
Then on Monday (the 5th) we had a great day, tons of finding which I love. When we got home we got a lovely call from President Lee, telling both Sister Banta and I, that we were both going to be Trainers!! My jaw HIT THE FLOOR. I couldn't believe it, I feel like I just got here and now I have to help a brand new missionary?! The best part though is that I get to stay in Churchville YSA!! Sister Banta is also staying which is crazy, so I get to live with her longer too which I'm so happy about!
Then Transfers happened and I learned that I had to wait for my trainee for a week because she is coming from the England MTC! So this past week Sister Banta, her Trainee Sister Hatch, and I, have been in a trio which was been so fun! Its been good preparation helping train Sister Hatch with Sister Banta. It also helps that Sister Hatch is wonderful and so fun!
Sorry this is a long email but now I shall tell you about a few of our friends! Nick is getting baptized this Sunday!! He is the sweetest, he is a little shy but he loves God and has loved learning how to pray and read the Book of Mormon. We found him at the mall in me and Sister Bantas first week together and he has been going strong ever since!
Then my friend Johan is also on date for baptism this week! For reference, I got a whole new area book this transfer because they got rid of Hermanas in this area and white washed in me and whoever my new trainee will be. So I have all of their friends, which includes a ton of Spanish people haha. Anyways, Johan is the most tender soul ever, he is so kind and wonderful! But after the Hermanas left he was very sad and I wasn't able to get in contact with him at all for 4 days! I was so sad and I didnt know what to do so I just prayed and asked Heavenly Father for help. As I prayed I remembered a member that said he was going to hangout with Johan last week so I called him and asked if he knew where Johan lived and he said no but would try to find out. Anyways long story short he found his address in an old message Johan sent, so yesterday we went to visit him and I brought him some flowers and he was very grateful and we set up a time to meet tomorrow! I know it may seem small, but this was a great answer to my prayers and it showed me that God always provides a way when we show him we are willing to do what he asks.
It reminds me of a scripture in the book of mormon:
1 Nephi 3:7
7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.
The lord will ALWAYS provide a way! When we feel inadequate, scared, hopeless, weak, we can turn to him and know that any effort we offer him, he will multiply and magnify!
Love you all so much!!
Sister Dean💛

































Comments
Post a Comment